Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hen na Gomi: Episode #3

I have moved in to my new apartment and it is a nice little spot. It is only a ten minute walk from school. Yesterday I left my building to go hang out with friends and right there, standing in front of me in front of my building, was some of the best gomi I have seen in a while. A relatively new love seat! I quickly took the garbage stickers off it and tucked it in to my new house. I played guitar on it all morning. Pretty comfy! School has started too. I have four classes of about twenty 9th grade boys every day and one class of 22 journalism students of all ages every other day. My students are great and we have already had some fun times. I am being as stern as possible for this first week or so. Here is a tour of my house:

Tonight I am meeting some of my fellow students from the St. Mary's class of '98. We are going to the Azabu Juban summer matsuri (festival). It is in my old neighborhood and the summer festival-- with all its smokey stalls, manic parading, and partying Japanese locals-- is my first memory of Japan from when we first came here back in 1992, so this will be a special night.

1 comment:

hollyanna said...

Love the place! Makes me miss japan. Miss you!!! Send me your address, pronto.

Holly