Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bluegrass Jams, Russian Dances, Games Games Games!

I was jogging yesterday, down the newly paved streets of Brighton Avenue, and it finally hit me that I was leaving, that this fabulous gathering of friends and relatives was over and Justyna and I were heading back to Tokyo. It was a very sad moment.

This has been one of the best Christmas times that I can remember. Jamming and then performing with Steve and Nancy on their newly mastered instruments, going to Lucas Oil with Mike and Curt, dancing to Katyusha with the entire McMillan clan + Luda and Justyna, watching the Colts with Dan, Anna and Keppler, singing the duet with Justyna at least 47 times, and of course the games, all the glorious games!

Justyna fit in right away and some of my best memories are serving the McMillan clan all of her amazing Polish yuletide treats, thanks to help from cousins Adman and Brad of course. And how could I forget Adam's Wii! It wouldn't have been the same without that. I was so glad the Clarks had one to play with on New Years Day. Mat and Nora, that was the best game of "Getting to Know You" that I have ever played! You are awesome! It was the perfect storm with Bryce, Lorna, Steve, and Nancy all contributing to the collective creativity. Lastly, thanks to Fart Machine for gracing us with your powerful presence whenever there was a pregnant silence to fill with your glory! It wouldn't have been the same without you either!

Now it is back to school and back to a new regimen of working out and eating tofu. I will let you know how that goes. In the mean time, here is something for you to look at. Our friend Brad White made his own version of the "Killers" music video for "Read my Mind." I make a few cameo appearances in it as the drummer. It was filmed in our hood, so it gives you an idea of where we live.

Here is Brad's version:


Here is the link to the original for comparison.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oec8RuwVVs&feature=PlayList&p=3072E8D5F47616BD&playnext=1&index=85

Brad is a pretty good cinematographer don't yo think?!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Triston:

Great synopsis of your holiday and another good video. I talked to my dance classmate who was the former teacher from St. Mary's. His name is Jules but he was known there as Brother Allan and taught from 1959 to 1964 and he says he knows the current principal - small world.

Justyna:

Really enjoyed your singing and sampling your cooking. Take care and keep in touch.