Sunday, September 21, 2008

Valley of the Nightingales

My friend Regis (with whom I lived in 2005 when I was working at the Canadian Embassy) is back in town and boy did we have a good reunion experience! He lives in this neighborhood called Uguisudani (Valley of the Nightingales) where there are a lot of love hotels (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_hotel ) and a lot of good little restaurants. Regis is a great film maker and he is constantly documenting everything that happens around him. I was surprised to find that he put together a short film using the footage he took of our reunion night. It was a great little yakitori restaurant with only six seats and the owner asked if I would sing them a karaoke song. The movie really captures the moment. I should get Regis to document my life more often!

KROK
Uploaded by cheribibiz

1 comment:

Adam Rouse said...

Great singing.
It's amazing how you can just read the words in Japanese and out comes perfect music.
Last thursday I started Japanese class at my library. So maybe I can try some of it out on you after a few more weeks of lessons. So far all I know is Introductions and how to say an object is mine, over there, or yours.

Great video. I hope your having fun
-adam